Whole Grain Zucchini Pear Bread
Imagine eating this treat fresh out of the oven on a chilly day!
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 pear, cored and finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pear, zucchini, egg, yogurt and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake until golden brown, 40-45 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!