Terms and Conditions
Parents for Healthy Kids
PFHK’s online discussion forum and community is provided to discuss topics relevant to school health, children’s health, students, parents, policies, community and to promote open dialogue and transparency between parents, teachers, administrators and community members interested in making our lives and schools healthier places of learning.
All discussion content within the forum reflects the views of individual participants only and do not necessarily represent the views held by Parents for Healthy Kids partners organizations (Action for Healthy Kids and the National PTA) or our sponsors.
In simple terms, this forum is designed to be a positive and educational place for learning, growing and making our communities healthier. It is not designed to bash one another, parent-shame, or argue. Keep it positive, and if we all work together as a community, we can create amazing learning spaces for our kids.
- You agree not to use any obscene or offensive language to place on the discussion forum including any material that is profane, inaccurate, defamatory, false, inappropriate, threatening, hateful, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized advertising, infringes on any person’s privacy, violates copyright laws, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be in violation of any local, state, national, or international law or regulation. PFHK partners proudly reserve the right to remove any such content at any time without your consent and remove access for those individuals who repeatedly violate the terms of this site.
- To maintain relevant and accurate content, PFHK reserves the right to remove messages we assess to be inappropriate or off topic and conduct editing we identify as reasonable. Although PFHK can delete messages, you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless our partner organizations with respect to any claims posted in your messages or those of other participants in the forum/community.
- You agree to the use of the Parents Forum for only lawful purposes and those that serve to act as an informational resource to you personally.
- It is your responsibility to exercise your judgment in evaluating or utilizing any information shared within the discussion forum. We encourage you to confirm the information shared in the discussion forum with a health professional before undertaking any action on it.
- We do not assume any responsibility for any websites or resources that are linked to our site or that you browse as a result of a referral you gained through a link posted on the discussion forum.
- You can flag any content that you feel is inappropriate, or use the contact link on our site to send us comments and/or criticisms regarding content posted and we welcome any feedback related to the content and administration of the discussion forum. (If you use email, please include a link to the content in questions.) However, we reserve the right to make final decisions on all content posted.
Changes to terms and conditions
PFHK may make changes to the terms of this agreement on this site. You agree to periodically review this agreement to be aware of any such revisions. Should the revision be unacceptable to you, you agree to stop accessing this site.
What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected
PFHK Community members who register for the PFHK forum and individuals that sign up to receive PFHK e-communications voluntarily provide us with contact information (such as name and e-mail address). Our partners may use this information for specific, limited purposes. You may always “opt out,” either now or at any time in the future, if you do not wish to receive our messages.
Parents for Healthy Kids uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the “ParentsForHealthyKids.org website”, and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
ParentsforHealthyKids.org uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you have visited and that you are particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of the ParentsForHealthyKids.org websites and forum, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
How Your Information May Be Used
We use your personal information to provide you with personalized service; to send e-mail alerts to you; to answer your requests; to process questions, to manage complaints in the forum; etc. You may choose to opt out at any time, which will cease all communications from us.
ParentsForHealthyKids (Action for Healthy Kids, the national PTA, or our sponsor) does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization.
ParentsForHealthyKids.org includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the PFHK domain, and PFHK is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.