Quinoa Burrito Bowls
This deconstructed burrito with quinoa is loaded with protein and will get stomachs growling.
- 5 3⁄4 cups water
- 16 ounces quinoa
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ground sea salt to taste
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 16 ounces frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons Mexican shredded cheese
- 1½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- In a medium pot, combine water, quinoa, cumin, cayenne, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking, covered, for 15 minutes.
- For the Pico de Gallo: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, black beans, corn and pico de gallo. Divide into serving bowls and top with cheese, lettuce, avocado and sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!