Power Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Refreshing citrus and nutrient-rich veggies pack a delicious punch.
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1½ cups shredded carrots
- 2 5-ounce packages organic arugula
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ground sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- For the salad: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Reserve.
- For the dressing: Whisk together lemon juice, orange zest and juice, honey, mustard and vinegar in a medium bowl. Continue whisking and slowly add oils. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dress salad with desired amount of dressing. Toss until coated.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!