Oatmeal Apple Pancakes
This delicious breakfast combines two fall favorites into one!
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 1½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- Cooking spray
- 2 green apples, cored, thinly sliced into rounds
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Preheat large skillet or griddle (about 375°).
- In a blender, pulse the oats until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse until combined.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk mixture, egg, vegetable oil and syrup to the blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a medium bowl.
- Coat the skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Dip an apple slice into the batter and lay in pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges begin to dry. Flip and repeat cooking time.
- Serve on the go or at home with maple syrup.
TIP: For a twist, add ½ teaspoon cinnamon to the dry ingredients in the blender.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!