Apply for a School Grant
School grants—made for you
OK, so you’re ready to make change happen at school! Despite wanting to do what’s best for students’ health, many schools lack the necessary resources to implement health and wellness practices that help students eat better and stay physically active. Action for Healthy Kids has provided $8.7 million in grants to schools since 2009 to help them accomplish their student wellness goals.
Applications for parent-led grants for the 2019-2020 school year are now closed. These grants, which are sponsored by ALDI, are designed for parents or parent groups (e.g. PTAs, PTOs, other) to lead school-based physical activity or nutrition initiatives and to engage more parents in student and family health.
How to Apply
- Review the paper application and application instructions when grants re-open in 2020.
- We recommend you complete a paper application with your school health team prior to submitting your application online. Once the paper application is complete, it will take ~30 minutes to submit online. (No school health team? Learn how to start one or contact [email protected] for support.)
- Log in or create an account on the Action for Healthy Kids school portal. Applications must be submitted online.
- Once there, connect your account with the school(s) for which you are applying. To do this, click on My Profile, then the Add or Manage Schools button.
- Click on Grants, and select the Parents for Healthy Kids grant. Then, complete your application!