Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Skewers with Lemon-Cucumber Salsa
Grill up this mouthwatering, tropical treat on a hot summer day.
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon iodized salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1.75 pounds chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, supremed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove rind from pineapple and dice into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and pineapple; toss to coat.
- Alternating chicken and pineapple, pierce onto skewers.
- Grill for 8 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl combine lemon, cucumber, onion, honey and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Serve lemon-cucumber salsa over cooked chicken skewers.
TIP: Supreme citrus fruit by cutting off the top and bottom of the fruit, then cut away the peel and pith, leaving no white on the outside of the fruit. Slice each segment into wedges by cutting toward the center of the fruit along the membrane.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!