Green Grape Salsa
Grapes in salsa?! Check out this recipe to get your kids to try a fave fruit in a new and interesting way for a healthy snack.
- 4 cups halved green grapes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus additional to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, plust additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Season to taste with additional lime juice, zest, and salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with chips or on top of grilled meats.
Pro tip: Store salsa in a mason jar or airtight container to maintain freshness for up to a week
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!