Cheesy Avocado Spinach Pasta
Put a twist on mac & cheese and help your kids get their daily veggies.
- 6 ounces fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 4 tablespoons of cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook 3 minutes, tossing frequently until they are soft. Toss with pasta.
- Add avocado, cheese and reserved cooking water. Toss until cheese melts. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!