Butternut Squash and Cranberry Chicken Meatloaf
This lighter, wintry twist on meatloaf is packed with healthy proteins.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- ¾ poundboneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 ouncesdried cranberries
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1½ cups cookedtri-color quinoa
- ¾ cup shredded butternut squash
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoonground garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add chicken breast to a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Place in a large bowl and set aside. Repeat process with chicken thighs and cranberries; add to ground chicken breasts.
- Add spinach, quinoa, butternut squash, onion, garlic, cayenne, salt, pepper and egg to the chicken and cranberries. Mix until just combined.
- Place meat mixture on a baking sheet and form into a large loaf. Brush evenly with mustard.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Cover with foil and rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.TIP: Roll into meatballs and serve with pasta or as a party appetizer. Cook time will need to be reduced, which will vary, depending on the size of the meatballs.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!