Autumn Kale Salad
This sweet and seasonal salad is a crowd pleaser.
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 12-ounce bags chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 cup crushed apple chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- ½ cup sliced red onion
Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- ½ cup organic apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Ground sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium bowl, combine butternut squash, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- For the maple cider vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients.
- Serve in a large bowl garnished with extra toppings.
Recipe courtesy of the ALDI test kitchen. Visit ALDI.us for more kid-friendly recipes!
Health news, tips, and recipes right in your inbox
Sign up for the Parents for Healthy Kids newsletter to receive monthly resources, recipes, news and more on your journey to be a health advocate for your kids. It really is news you can use!